星期日, 10月 09, 2005

The second day(1)

Today, I was a bit late for waking up. Then I walk to the corner to take a bus. There happened to be a breakfast stores. quite small. I was attracted when the cook pour the egg onto the pancake. Oh my, it looked like pretty delicious. I just can't help buying one for taste. It was authentic flavour. After that, I took the bus directly to the 天安門廣場(Tiananmen Square)


It's so famous that there are full of people from all over the world. The real global village? Maybe. After visting the square I went into the Forbidden City. There are several gates before I getting into the main palace. 天安門 端門 午門. Among these gates. 午門 is the last gate for entrance.

Right after that, I was listening to some tour guides explaining the tradition of the constructions and decorations. One of them is the trace of the door. It goes with several brass items on it. Do you know the number? As matter of facts, each door in the palace are with 81 items on it. No exception. Why 81, 9 lines and 9 rows made it. The number 9 means 九五之尊. That's originated for易經. Easily speaking, the emperor thought that would bring him good luck and keep well for the dynasty.

Each palace has its different function, therefore the size is different as well. Some of them are for meeting all the group of subordinates, and some of them are for preparation of emperor before meeting. Also, there are also some for different uses.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home