星期五, 2月 24, 2006

The Third day of KAERU



What a nice weather. That was the first thought of me when we walk out of the Kyon Bok Kun (景福宮) and Tae was right there waiting for us. However, this picture doesn’t show what I saw actually, kind of dark. Before getting in, we took a short visit in the KBK museum. We saw plenty of traditional cultural items there.



These stone steles were set to stand for the officials’ position. The nearer the stele is, the higher position people belonged to. Yoshitake and I were trying to get the highest position, so we tried to run for the first position, but later Yoshitake changed his way to the stairs. When he did that, I had got what his trick for steal the throne, therefore I quit the game.

We can see the importance of the Party Hall (慶會樓) through the 10000 Korean Won Bill. If the tour guide didn’t say that, I might never find out. :p Between the building and me is a fosse, but now it was frozen to a layer of ice. Imagine if I walked upon it, the ice would definitely break, terrifying!



While the tour guide explained the construction, I thought Yoshitake might be a bit bored, so I was making fun of the way of his Ninja jump. It was just so funny that I couldn’t stop laughing.

Inside the KBK, there is a big square with some statues and other traditional toys. What they call十二生肖 is 十二支. Also, I realized that most east Asia countries have this kind of icons of calendar.



Since there was a small cultural exhibition, we went there for a look. The picture above is one of the board games. You might already notice the small wooden bars, they are the dices with five faces. Actually, I saw some people had fun there, seemed to be really exciting!

Close to the square, there is a smaller museum for kids. There, Tae asked me if I am superstitious. Because he was going to show us the way they ask fortune by luck. What we have to do was to throw the four wooden rods with three X on it for three times. After I threw it, Tae checked out on the book and told me a good news that I could get whatever I want this year, maybe a girlfriend. For last thing he said, I was wondering how come he knew I don’t have a girl friend. Pity!

I think here in KBK is a good place for people to take a walk and relax. Some parents brought their children to play the kites, others might give their children more chances to know more about the authentic Korean tradition.

When we got out from KBK, there were some vendors out there. At first, I thought this one would be like soft candy, but Tae told me that it was totally different from what I imagined. It is really tough, so never try to bite it, otherwise, things would be very sticky, and your teeth as well.

While I was at the last of the troop, I thought we were like a exploring team from Taiwan, quite funny.

Since the time was not enough, we had our lunch at KFC, sorry for you guys. When we went out of the fast food shop, a procession dressed traditional suits walked through the street. That recalled me of my childhood that my father was a member of 宋江陣, I thought they were kind of similar.

For the traditional show, it was really fun to bargain and try to get the best seats for that price with the ticket-sellers. When we got in, there was still some time before it started. This woman stood in front of the entrance of the play hall is really elegant. Trust me, she is shining.


Not much time left, so we entered in for the performance. Because we couldn’t take a picture inside, we wanted to wait till the performance finished. The traditional show is really powerful, no matter which kind of instruments it is. Also the play shows strong beats in a kind of regular pattern. Among those performances, I like the 三面鼓 best. They were really skillful for hitting the drums with high accuracy. I enjoyed that performance very much.



On the way back, there was a vendor selling a kind of cake that smelled great. I thought I was kind of stupid since I think the price was too expensive, but after a while, “That cake smells good!"“Yeah, it does”“We might not have chance to have it in Taiwan.”“So…?”“Let’s go back buy it.” Finally, we shared with that happily. Please trust me, it smells really good, especially in cold winter.


After the performance, we walked back to KBK station, and we took a visit to 青瓦台 ( the residence of Korean president) Actually, it was dark, looked like only one small building there. Maybe we missed some part of it. Also, we guess there might be a secret headquarter underground.



Right after exercising, it’s time to have dinner. We went to the best Ginseng Chick restaurant and enjoyed our meal very much. Oh, MAJISOYO~


In Chinese, the pronunciation of Ginseng is really close to life. So when we saw Ginseng, we always make fun of it and say, it’s the life. In French, “Ce la vie”


Since during AEARU camp, we didn’t enjoy enough for the overlook from pretty high place. We came here for having some fun. Also, we wanted to turn back the time to August 16th 2005.

This picture will show you how excited we were there. From there, we could see almost all Seoul, and also the Han River. Seoul, what a prosperous city! I’m loving it. This view seems to say “Good-bye” to us. I will see you again, I promise.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home